Welcome to Make Bags with Brenda. I’m Brenda Miller, and I’m here to help you make a handbag that’s both beautiful and functional.
Choose the bag you’d like to make, find fabric in colors and patterns you love, and join me for a class that takes place on your schedule in your own home sewing room.
The beauty of sewing your own bag is that you get to choose the fabric and finish, and the result is a one-of-a-kind handbag.
When I design patterns it’s for people like you, who enjoy being creative and want to sew a bag from scratch.
- You have intermediate-level sewing skills.
- You love putting things together, and enjoy seeing your favorite fabric and a bunch of bits and pieces come together into something fashionable you can actually use in your everyday life.
In these classes, I’ll walk you through the process of making a bag step by step. Lessons are broken down into usable installments. Instead of following one long video, you’ll complete a step, then move onto the next lesson, so you don’t have to keep finding the spot where you left off in order to continue.
With me by your side, your bag will look the way it’s supposed to when it’s finished.
Here’s what else is included
- 30 day guarantee. If you don’t like the class, just ask for a refund with 30 days of purchase.
- Video classes with lessons broken down in a way that follows how people actually complete the steps, without a lot of fluff
- Access to your class whenever is convenient for you. Indulge your hobby on your schedule.
- No computer in your sewing room? Use your tablet or smartphone to follow along.
I’ve been designing bags and quilts since 2005. I enjoy teaching classes and making presentations at shops, retreats, and shows in various locations around Canada and the United States. I’ve even taught classes in China!
Brenda’s bag patterns are the best!
-Jill Doucet Dewar
Glad I finally met you in person. You are so creative! Have so much fun making your bags!
Join me for a class and create your own unique bag
My goal is to always ensure a great experience for those who trust me with their investment in any of my offerings, whether that’s here with a video class, at a live bag making class, at a quilt shop learning or buying a pattern, or at my online store.
It’s so gratifying to see the variety of beautiful, creative results sewists get from making one of my patterns with their own two hands.
If you’re ready to create your own unique-to-you bag, follow the link below to find out more.
- See which classes are currently available
- Sign up for the Classes Update list to receive an early bird invitation and special pricing every time a new class opens for the first time. This early bird invitation will happen only once with each class, so be sure to hop on the list to make sure you receive yours.