Video: Press fabric and seams as you make your bag
As you make your handbag, you’ll find that pressing fabric and seams as you go is critical so that you get that professional look.
In this video, I show you how to get that essential flat fabric surface.
- Tools – basics and extras
- How to make sure your ironing board is set up to press a bag
- One extra thing you can easily make at home that will help press your bag fabric, and travels well if you go out to a class
- How to prevent that shiny surface that ruins the look of the fabric finish
- Various devices that will help you get a smooth finish
- General ironing and fabric pressing techniques
- How to access tricky spots, like corners and smaller bag seams
- Don’t forget, where there’s sewing, there are pins. How to handle them
- How to fix mistakes